Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What could have been for Iowa

For a true reflection of what the politicians think your right to carry a firearm without a permit, this is the tally for the amendment that would have eliminated need to obtain a permit. Although there was wording that would allow the permit process for reciprocity similar to Alaska law.
On the question “Shall amendment H–8652 be adopted?” (S.F. 2379)

The ayes were, 45:
Alons, Anderson, Arnold, Chambers, Cownie, Deyoe, Dolecheck, Drake, Forristall, Grassley, Hagenow, Heaton, Helland, Horbach, Huseman, Huser, Kaufmann, Koester, Lukan, May, Miller, L. Olson, S. Paulsen, Pettengill, Quirk, Raecker, Rants, Rayhons, Roberts, Sands, Schult,e Schultz, Soderberg, Sorenson, Steckman, Struyk, Sweeney, Thomas, Tymeson, Upmeyer, Van Engelenhoven, Wagner, Watts, Windschitl, Worthan

The nays were, 52:
Abdul-Samad, Bailey, Baudler, Beard, Bell, Berry, Bukta, Burt, Cohoon, Ficken, Ford, Frevert, Gaskill, Gayman, Hanson, Heddens, Hunter, Isenhart, Jacoby, Kearns, Kelley, Kressig, Kuhn, Lensing, Lykam, Marek, Mascher, McCarthy, Mertz, Miller, H. Oldson, Olson, D. Olson, T. Palmer, Petersen, Reasoner, Reichert, Running-Marquardt, Schueller, Shomshor, Smith, Swaim, Taylor, Thede, Tjepkes, Wenthe, Wessel-Kroeschell, Whitead, Willems, Winckler, Zirkelbach, Mr. Speaker Murphy

Absent or not voting, 3:
De Boef, Olson, R. Wendt
My rep is counted among the ayes and I must give her credit and thank her.

3 comments:

straightarrow said...

Sort of makes one wonder is four vote swing couldn't have been accomplished if the traitors at NRA had helpled, doesn't it?

strandediniowa said...

If De Boef would have been there, she stated that she would have voted for the amendment (no word on Olson or Wendt). Four more, yep.

I think the democrats are not counting on a backlash this fall. I know there are many of us much more active than in the past.

Much more.

As I stated before, the NRA lost all credibility with me.

straightarrow said...

They lost that with me years ago when they started writing and lobbying for gun control legislation.

I let my membership expire simply because there have always been those who would betray me for free. Why the Hell should I pay the NRA to do it?

I joined again the last time when they enticed me with a free membership trying to get me back. NO, I don't think I'm special, I'm sure they did that with many a disgruntled former member. Their morals haven't improved, their loyalty to their membership is non-existent, and nothing they can ever do will get me back nor keep me from saying what I think of them. Left some words at Say Uncle that pissed off some people, but I don't worry too much about moral retards.

Do I sound angry? Goddamn right I am! I don't betray and I don't accept betrayal either.