Monday, June 21, 2010

Ben Cashner to join Iowa Freedom Report

I discovered the Libertarian leaning Iowa Freedom Report that has a tag line of "Iowa's New Homepage for Limited Government and Alternative Politics". I found on a post from June 11th:
We will also welcome a new contributing writer very soon. Ben Cashner already writes one of the best libertarian blogs in the state at Cold Hard Cashner and has now agreed to join the staff of Iowa Freedom Report. As an editor, I thought the site needed a little diversity, so instead of just seeing reporting from the perspective of a 1-133rd Infantry vet who is a conservative-leaning libertarian from the 1st District, you’ll know get to see reporting from a 1-133rd Infantry vet who is a libertarian from the 1st District.
While I don't agree with all of what I've read so far and I think some of the editor's criticism of Steve Deace is off, (I think Deace can be annoying as well, btw), I think this could be a valid source of information that one can't get elsewhere.

Good luck to Ben on his new writing outlet.

3 comments:

Cashner said...

Thank you stranded.

strandediniowa said...

I hope you don't leave the snark out of your articles, Ben.

I look forward to reading them, and the site as well.

Bawb said...

Congrats Ben. Spread the word, bother. Preach it!