Monday, January 24, 2011

County Firearm Ban Map

I've decided that a map would be good idea in order to keep track of all of the weapon ban proposals and resolutions out there.

This is not comprehensive, nor can it be considered definitive. But this is what I've found using online newspapers as sources. Along the way, I've found that one source can be the opposite of another.

I will attempt to keep this as up to date as I can. If any of my readers care to share the burden with me and let me know of any proposals, I will update it as soon as possible. Give me a source and whether the county is considering passing a ban (Yellow), passed a ban (Red-ish) or rejected a ban (Green). Blue is being used for those counties who tabled their proposal and not an out-right rejection or approval.

Update: 1/24/11, 10:00 pm, updated map and corrected title



Original map from: http://www.waterproof-paper.com/printable-maps/iowa.shtml

2 comments:

SeanM said...

Starting to look a lot like the map that we just got rid of on 1/1/11 when we made Iowa Shall Issue.

strandediniowa said...

Yes it is, Sean.

I suspect more red will be added in the coming weeks.