Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday gun ban proposals

Waterloo passes ban unanimously.

Mitchell County Supervisors say they will pass a resolution (Cerro Gordo and Clinton County already have).

Winnebago County, probably not.

Buena Vista County leaning towards ban but will make their final decision in two weeks.

Bettendorf is considering.

Emmet County is drawing up a resolution.

Johnson County is drawing up a resolution.

Clay, Sac, Lyon and Plymouth Counties passed bans.

(Update) Via Jim at The Travis McGee Reader:
Dickinson County is a "meh", as they couldn't get a second to the motion. (adding Jim to my Iowa Blog list)

And Pleasant Hill is looking to ban on city property.

I missed Spencer's discussion in favor of banning.

These resolutions, ordinances or whatever you want to call them are headed to nearly every county or city board. If you hear of one, let me know in the comments or by email and I'll add it to the list.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Dickinson County is on the list as a "not-yet."

http://love-a-luddite.blogspot.com/

strandediniowa said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Resolutions have been coming up so fast it's easy to miss one or two.

If I get the time to pull them all in one spot, I'll do that too.

Thanks, Jim

Jim said...

Thnaks for adding me to your blog roll, and I'm pleased to reciprocate.