Wednesday, January 12, 2011

May your chains set lightly upon you...

One man prefers to beg for his rights: Keep permit choice in sheriff’s hands

While another would rather we don't exercise rights so as not to offend another's sensibility: Gun issues brought into sharp focus
We can exercise our rights — apply and get our permits — and then leave our guns at home, under lock and key, where they belong.
And another has projection issues: Welcome to the world with looser gun laws
A gun in hand also messes with the head and mind, just as a muscle car does. Possibilities and actions are enhanced, and restraints on anger and all else that is upsetting are dwarfed and become ineffective.

(BTW, it seems that our letter writer with projection issues was a signatory to this document from the Bill of Rights Defense Committee One could determine from his letter to the editor, that he doesn't favor all of the Bill of Rights.)
It took all of my will to restrain myself after purchasing a pistol at the Cedar Rapids gun show this past weekend. I passed schools, banks and hundreds if not thousands of would-be victims.

And I didn't pull the trigger.

Just once, I'd like to not feel enraged after holding that cold blue steel of my .357. If I could somehow come to grips within myself after cleaning my Mauser, maybe I could forgive myself for purchasing such a powerful weapon.

No, not a weapon, it is a talisman. A gateway into a new consciousness where rage overwhelms my soul. If I had a soul, as many have questioned.

My will and self control was sold long ago in exchange for that one holy grail of firepower. But if I could just hold it in my possession for one brief moment, the transformation would be complete. Anger, Rage and Destruction would be my destiny.

No restraint would be great enough, nothing would stand in my way of total, absolute rage.

Or not...

Did I mention I bought a pistol last weekend and nothing happened?


"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

2 comments:

ASM826 said...

Keep watching that pistol. It will go on a rampage any minute now.

strandediniowa said...

I'm more worried about the 10/22 that has the "high capacity" magazine. It could spray thousands of rounds that are magically loaded from those bricks of 22's I'm hoarding.

Besides, the 12 gauge has got him covered.