Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Caliber Wars II: Bawb's Analysis

Bawb posts a second installment in his rifle caliber analysis giving us a glimpse at what might have been:
If there's any 5.56mm fans I have failed to offend, I apologize.
Second best line I've heard so far this week.

Part history lesson, part technical, Bawb describes the intermediary calibers (between .223/5.56mm and 7.62mm)
Since we've established beyond a doubt by now what caliber(s) I don't like and those that I do, I thought we could examine the possibilities of other calibers which might have been or may be. Such rifle calibers perhaps could have pleased most of us, thus stopping the endless 7.62mm vs 5.56mm debate so we can get on with the .45 vs. 9mm cat fight.
Read more at BETTER THAN THE 5.56MM? PLENTY OF GOOD CHOICES.

Since this lowly blog is labeled there in the Friends, acquaintances, and co-conspirators category, I'm going to have to step it up a notch.

Thanks, guys.

3 comments:

Bawb said...

Thank you and Ben and the rest of the gang supporting Iowa Carry, especially the reciprocity bit. I want to be packing on my Montana CCW next time I come back for a visit. One thing at a time though. We'll work on the loaded-rifle-in-the-back-window-of-the-pickup-truck thing later.

strandediniowa said...

One problem with reciprocity is that the current bill puts that responsibility into the hands of a very anti-gun attorney general. I'm not willing to bet that he's willing to put anything in place.

We seem to have lost the rifle rack tradition in this state a long time ago. We can't get an open carry in this state. Wisconsin can and they don't have a concealed carry permit program.

Iowa is a state of contradictions.

strandediniowa said...

Oh, I almost forgot. I enjoy the sarcasm and irreverent insight at your blog. Who couldn't?

You might enjoy IowaHawk