Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cedar Rapids woman defends home

This could have been a very tragic story and the woman is lucky that the burglar's heart wasn't really into robbing her, or worse.
The burglar went in through a side door and even took out the bulbs in the flood light to keep from being noticed. However, when he kicked in the door, he made so much noise that Ozella knew something was up.

“I heard that crash at the door, but I didn’t even know it was my door, I thought it was the neighbors door,” said Ozella.

When she saw a flashlight inside, she got up and went down this hallway.

“He didn’t get a chance to get out and run to the door cause I came down the hallway and I hollered and I yelled,” said Ozella.
The 911 operator's advice was much help either. More at Elderly Cedar Rapids woman scares off burglar

No comments: