Monday, December 7, 2009

What to expect...

For Straightarrow's benefit:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL 848 PM CST MON DEC 7 2009

...DANGEROUS WINTER STORM WILL AFFECT THE AREA TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TUESDAY TO 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY. A BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

A POWERFUL WINTER STORM WILL AFFECT THE REGION TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. THIS SYSTEM WILL PRODUCE 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THUNDER-SNOW MAY OCCUR TUESDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH VERY HEAVY SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES AN HOUR.

See what you're missing.

3 comments:

straightarrow said...

I'm not missing it, trust me.

strandediniowa said...

It's not missing us, that's for sure.

At 6:00pm we have about 6 inches (which isn't much) but the storm is in Kansas and still coming.

I'll shovel about every 3-4 hours to keep up until midnight, then we'll see how much I've got left tomorrow.

The wind is what will do us in.

straightarrow said...

oh yeah, I used to live between Griswold and Lewis. We have seen a 6 inch snowfall be 4 ft. drift at our back door.

But look on the bright side. you and Bing Crosby are now singing from the same page. Oh, lucky you!

If I was a better man, I would apologize for the above, alas, I am not.