Friday, July 29, 2011

Hey RAGBRAI'ers...


Get off my lawn.

After tolerating your behavior through the years, I've had enough.

While trying to go to work one year, we had them hang onto the truck because they were so tired. The stupidity of riding your bike across both lanes. Broken bottles, trash and beer cans thrown in the streets. Three years ago I found used condoms and dirty panties in my neighbor's back yard while mowing.

Take that crap somewhere else.

So to the guy who parked in front of my house today, and I tell you that I'll be mowing my grass, you shouldn't be surprised when I tell you to get out when I come around the corner and to see your crap piled in my yard and your bikes leaning against my maple trees.

And to the woman who said all I needed to do was ask for them to leave, no I don't. None of you asked to use my property for a rest area or my trees as a bike stand.

My property may not be much and will never win a Better Homes and Gardens award, but it's all I got.

Respect it and the homeowner.

Only then will the respect be reciprocated.

3 comments:

JohnMXL said...

It's kinda funny how motorcycle 'bikers' can have a big bash and leave the area cleaner than when they arrived, but bicycle 'bikers' - the ones who are supposed to be good for the environment - leave huge messes behind them.

I've heard from lots of friends who dread RAGBRAI passing thru their towns simply due to the trash and property damage that seems to come with it.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

They should add a big D for Drunken to the name. Several years ago the bike ride made a stop at the tavern in Talleyrand where many got a load on, then they camped in Washington's parks that night. It definitely was something you would not take your family to see.

strandediniowa said...

And another D for debauchery.

What bothers me the most and John alluded to it, is that the law tolerates them and that is why they get away with it.

They get away with things as a group that no one individual could get away with.

It all falls to the lack of respect that they have for others.