Sunday, February 13, 2011

Illinois carry bill in the works

State Representative Pat Verschoore, (IL) D-Milan is working on the bill in Illinois
"This law is tight enough, that we've had the FOID card for years where you have to have a FOID card to even get a gun and that's even a hard situation to do," said Verschoore.

He said sheriff's departments would be in charge of issuing permits based on a strict set of rules, including an age limit of 21 and older, with no criminal record and a training course to show proficiency with a gun.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for my neighbors to the east, but it's a step in the right direction.

2 comments:

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I will be shocked if it passes; and I will also be in line to obtain a permit. Not holding my breath, though.

strandediniowa said...

If Chicago and Milwaukee would just join up and make their own state the rest of Wisconsin and Illinois would do just fine without them.

I don't look for anything to come of this but at least one or two legislators are trying. Quixotic as it is.