Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Johnson County supervisor doesn't like criticism

Johnson County Supervisor Rod Sullivan apparently doesn't like to be criticized and decides to respond with an "f-you citizen". Iowa City Press-Citizen reports Resident says official sent vulgar e-mail
Johnson County Supervisor Rod Sullivan sent an e-mail to Iowa City resident Yale Cohn at 2:26 a.m. Sunday saying, "F--- you, 'Donny,'" referencing Cohn's user name on the Press-Citizen Web site.
Posting back and forth on the paper's website got a little testy between the two and the supervisor didn't care for it.
Sullivan called his response "appropriate to what I was confronted with."

"They sent me an e-mail, and I responded," he said. "I don't even know who it is."

Sullivan said he does not feel "obligated to sit back and take this crap from somebody I don't know."

"I think it's just par for the course with the site, frankly," he said. "I don't have time for somebody who hides behind some kind of anonymity."
Methinks he doesn't like criticism.

I think I've tempered some on the internets even with anonymity* (in real life, I'm an ass) so an elected official with his haughty-ass nose in the air acting like he can't take "crap from someone I don't know" better get a new job. Just a thought.


*I'm not anonymous for the people that I correspond with on a regular basis.

No comments: