Saturday, April 10, 2010

State29's opinion of the Register

State29 states his view of the editorial board of the Des Moines Register after the paper's stance on the Constitutionality of requiring people to purchase health care insurance passed in ObamaCare Good to get mandate question answered:
I wonder when the last time any of these dimwits read the Constitution?

Gee, that would be a good question for some troublemaker blogger to ask them some time.

To them, I'm sure, they regard the Constitution as a "living, breathing document" that they need to beat the hell out of to see what's in it: "Maybe if we hit it harder with a baseball bat, Socialized medicine will ooze out of it, free for everybody!"

The Justices At The Des Moines Register
He lists the degrees that they editorial board earned, and suggests that they aren't Constitutional scholars.

Well, neither am I. But I've read it - more than once. I don't subscribe to the "living document" interpretation. I'm one of those radicals who read something and goes by what is written, it doesn't matter whether I agree with it or not.

As it was written - nothing more, nothing less.

I agree with his post that they are idiots, but not because they have degrees outside of Constitutional Law.

"Maybe if we hit it harder with a baseball bat, Socialized medicine will ooze out of it, free for everybody!" is one of the best lines I've heard all week.

No comments: