Sunday, April 18, 2010

Billy-boy's "Hatriot" line

From David Codrea's Examiner column:
Oath-breaking Clinton adopts 'hatriot' slur there is a Southern Poverty Lie Center link to look up who is on their latest "Patriot" (and they don't use it in a positive way) list. You can go see who's on the list.

Back to Clinton's words:
But I think that all you have to do is read the paper every day to see how many people there are who are deeply, deeply troubled. We know, now, that there are people involved in groups – these “hatriot” groups, the Oath Keepers, the Three Percenters, the others – 99 percent of them will never do anything they shouldn’t do. But there are people who advocate violence and anticipate violence.
There are unintended consequences with just about every action. I experienced one on Saturday that was sparked by Clinton's speech. I spent time with a fellow libertarian/conservative (if we need labels) that I hadn't had much time to talk with for more than a year and of course politics was discussed. He asked me, "What is this 'Three Percenters', that Clinton talked about?"

I gave him a synopsis of the 'What is a "Three Percenter"?' from Mike Vanderboegh's Sipsey Street Irregulars and he will be given a printed copy with a link to the site tomorrow. This was just one person that I spoke with. How many others are out there asking the same questions?

By performing one of dumbest mistakes a politician can make, Clinton gave free advertising to an opponent. Stumbling remarks like these cause the thinking free citizen to start asking questions. Questions lead to answers and answers lead to freedom of thought.

Free citizens who think for themselves cannot be sheep.

The SPLC made the same mistake by listing a group of people in the "Patriot movement", many of whom are familiar, but some are not. This gives me a chance to make up my own mind for the ones I don't know anything about.

This reminds me of the now defunct Iowans for the Prevention of Gun Violence and their auction listings. They published a list of auctioneers that sold guns and whether the auctions used FFL dealers. I made some good deals along the way using that list. Thanks IPGV.

"Unintended Consequences" is a bitch and stupid people don't understand that.

No comments: