Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ka-ching II, over 4,000 citations

That's in about 3 months.
The automated traffic cameras in Cedar Rapids have now generated more than 4,300 citations for drivers.

The latest fixed speed cameras on Interstate 380 were installed in the last few days and should begin photographing violators after a two week test period.

The cameras began operating in early March.

To date, the fixed cameras at five intersections and the one mobile van have recorded 8,789 potential traffic violations. After reviewing the possible violations, officers confirmed and mailed 4,332 citations.

Cedar Rapids traffic cameras have generated over 4,300 citations
With the city receiving 70% of the revenue, that some big dollars coming into city coffers. The other 30% goes to the company that runs the system.

But remember, this isn't about money, this is about safety.

Related: Ka-ching, speed cameras are up

1 comment:

Bawb said...

Amen. It's ALL about the money. What we do without the government "protecting" us?